So, I’m not allowed in the kitchen…. Husbands rules. Ok, ok let me rephrase that, Pearson does the cooking for us and, I am not mad about that. 😉 He’s an excellent chef and I’m very fortunate to have him take such great care of me.
However, something we both hate doing is going to the store to get groceries. I guess we don’t really hate going to the store, but the amount of people there bothers us. UGH, lines at the grocery store are the worst, am I right? Well, long story short we stopped grocery shopping and started eating out alllllllllllllll the time. This was both expensive and unhealthy. We literally would be eating out 6/7 days a week and the only reason we didn’t do it for all 7 days was because we have ‘Family Dinner/Game Night’ at our friend’s house once a week…. highly recommend.
Any who, I decided we were going to do something a little different and try one of those meal delivery services. That way, we can avoid people (can you tell what social butterflies we are), but also get the food we want so Pearson can get back to cooking. We had our first delivery this week and I’m already in love.
The program I decided to go for was Hello Fresh, or as they say “Your Weeknight Dinner Solution”. So true. I chose the plan that fit our lifestyle best, allowing us to receive 4 meals a week for 2 people. Then each week I get to select from a variety of weekly recipes which ones we want to eat. Once a week I’ll be getting a delivery of the ingredients portioned out perfectly so that when we’re ready, we can begin cooking up a storm.
On today’s menu: Sweet As Honey Chicken 🙂
2 Garlic Cloves
4 oz Snow Peas
½ cup Jasmine Rice
12 oz Chicken Breasts
1 ½ TBSP White Wine Vinegar
1 TBSP Soy Sauce
1 Chicken Stock Concenetrate
1 oz Honey
- First, we started by getting the water to a boil for the rice. We then cut up the garlic, ginger and lime, and trimmed a portion of snow peas. Make sure to wash and dry all produce prior to getting started. You can thank me later 😉
- After the water boiled, we cooked it on a medium to low simmer for about 15 – 20 minutes, stirring periodically. While I was doing the stirring, (you guys, Pearson let me help him!! So excited.) he heated a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and began seasoning the chicken to taste. Once seasoned, he cooked for about 5 – 6 minutes per side (just to make sure the meat was fully cooked). We then, removed the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Now we get to make the delicious sauce!! We started with the soy sauce, and stirred in 2 TBSP water, stock concentrate and honey into the same pan. Wanted to let that thicken a bit so it was more like a coating glaze thank just a drip like sauce. That took about 2 – 3 minutes. Once it was thick enough, we took it off the head and brought the chicken back into the pan to now coat with the thick glaze.
- The chicken was then set aside and Pearson began heating up the pan again with oil in order to cook the Snow Peas. We wanted them a little crispy, so he stirred them in the pan and cooked them for a total of 4 minutes adding in some flavor with salt, pepper and a quick squeeze of lime.
- Finally, we were able to plate the dish. Making sure we served with the lime lime wedges on the side for squeezing over the meal to add that last bit of yum. 🙂
The sauce alone on the chicken was amazing!! There was a nice kick and had you wanting more. I didn’t have the rice or snow peas, because you know…carbs, but Pearson did and he enjoyed them! So far, I definitely recommend Hello Fresh as an option to those that are like Pearson and I and are non-grocery shoppers lol.
Fat 12 g
Carbs 69 g
Protein 41 g