What’s a Zucchini’s Favorite Sport? ~ Squash 😂
A little veggie humor to brighten up your day lol
Haven’t done a recipe in a while, so wanted to show you guys what I’ve been up to. Recently we went over to my Mother in Laws house and while Pearson made the steak, she made us Zucchini Soup. She’ll be the first to tell you, she’s not really into cooking. So to see her standing there, chopping all the zucchini, stirring everything together and basically living her best ‘Chef Life’ we were all excited to try out this new concoction.
Let me tell you, it was the most delicious, creamiest, flavorful soup I’ve had in a while; we were all pleasantly surprised! **Bonus, it’s incredibly healthy too (see nutrition facts below). I immediately asked for the recipe because I knew I had to make it and throw it up on the blog to share with all of you. 🙂 This brings me to last weekend, where Pearson and I went and visited my family and made them dinner. Pearson of course made the meat portion, and I worked on the soup (he did help me chop an onion lol). I could tell my family was a bit nervous to eat the soup at first, I mean who wants to eat a soup that is kinda green 🤔? However, the moment they tried it, both my parents went up and put more in their bowls because they loved it so much!!
~ FAMILY STAMP OF APPROVAL ~
On today’s menu: Zucchini Soup 🙂
(Warning: The end results may taste like a cream based soup, but it’s not. Completely healthy and extremely delicious. You won’t want to put your spoon down!)
2 TB Olive Oil
1.25 lbs. Squash (Zucchini)
1 Onion (Large)
5 Cups of Vegetable Stock (not broth)
½ cup of chopped Basil
1.5 TB Butter – Unsalted
1.5 TB Flour (White)
Juice of 1 Lemon (optional)
Sour Cream / Plain Greek Yogurt (optional)
**You will need a blender or mixing tool.
- Heat oil in large soup pot. Add chopped zucchini & onion, sauté 5 min. until onions become translucent and zucchini crisp/tender.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil; reduce heat and cover partially. Cook for 25 minutes. **Add basil during the last 5 minutes.
- Mix butter and flour into a paste à remove 1 cup of hot stock and whisk butter mixture with stock until smooth. Add back into soup; stir until thickened.
- Remove soup from heat and in batches place in blender; puree until smooth. Season with Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add lemon juice and a dollop of sour cream or yogurt if using. *Personally I kept it to just the lemon juice and it was amazing.
Nutrition Facts: Serves 6 – 8 Nutrition facts based on 8 servings
*1 cup is a serving size