Ladies, let’s face it. When it comes to men they never understand what makes us feel beautiful. Sure they give you all the compliments in the world, but if you don’t feel that it’s true then what good are they? It’s like this; we all feel our best when our hair, skin, makeup, nails, and clothing style is up to par, right? Well then what are we waiting for, let’s do it! Let’s learn to love what we see both inside and out, and finally let that radiant beauty of ours shine through.
I know you all are tired of hearing that beauty is only skin deep; in my opinion it is somewhat true. Beauty is what you make it, you have to feel beautiful and exude confidence to be beautiful. Below I’ve listed some tips that I have tried and honestly make me feel beautiful about myself without all the hassle.
My Tips & Tricks:
- Find a good cleanser that works for your skin! There is no need to go out and spend a fortune on one you can simply go to a drugstore for. My two favorite cleansers as of late are: Micellar Cleansing Water and Biore Deep Pore Charcoal. The Micellar Cleansing Water I use on my face and back to get rid of any impurities. It lifts away dirt, oil and makeup without any harsh rubbing and leave s my skin feeling refreshed. Literally a magic makeup remover, it doesn’t smear the makeup across my face, but actually removes it!! Biore Cleanser detoxifies pores by drawing out bacteria and dirt filling your pores and purifies your skin for an all-around cleaner feeling. It’s kind of exciting to see it start off as black ‘charcoal’ to a white foamy consistency!
- Moisturize, always moisturize your skin. If skin feels tight it’s crying for you to give it moisture. Lubriderm moisture lotion is my favorite.
- Liquid Coconut Oil is what I live by!! I use it for my DIY Deodorant, cooking of course, and my all-time favorite is my eyelashes! Coconut Oil has made my eyelashes softer, longer and darker making them stand out and enhance my natural features. I get so many compliments on my long lashes, I’ve even been told they look like false lashes, and I cannot tell you how happy I was when I discovered this little trick. If you just have regular Coconut Oil (unrefined, which is what I use) and don’t want to purchase Liquid Coconut Oil, no problem, just put a few table spoons in a separate glass jar and run it under some hot water to melt it (I don’t microwave it only because I don’t want to lose the beneficial properties in the coconut oil that microwaving could break down). During the summer, you can literally keep this jar out and that darling summer heat will melt it for you into liquid form lol. Then take a CLEAN old mascara wand and dip it in the oil and apply to your lashes prior to bed. Rinse in the morning and repeat nightly.
- Lastly, always use sunscreen no matter what ethnicity you are. The #1 cause of wrinkles is sun damage. It is important for you to use sunscreen even on the coldest and cloudiest of days.
Hair- I’m always in a rush, but I still want my hair to look good otherwise I feel self-conscious. A quick, easy and favorite style of mine is what I like to call the open flower:
- Take a portion of the left side of your hair and separate it from the rest.
- Pull the rest of the hair (excluding left side portion) and comb it to the side and place it in a ponytail.
- Now take the left side portion and from the point right above your left ear start braiding, following the curve of your head all the way to where the rest of the hair meets on the right side then rubber band it.
- Take your ponytail and twist it into a bun on the lower right side of your head.
- Take the braided portion and wrap it around the bun to create a unique opening flower affect.
- Add a Flower if you’d like to spice it up by either pinning it into the bun itself or just putting it behind your ear.
- Also a good thing to do is make sure to always keep your eyebrows well managed. If you keep them waxed, tweezed, or threaded often you will brighten up your face and feel so much better about your appearance. I know I sure do after I’ve fixed mine.
Make up- Now in my opinion simple is always better. I don’t always wear makeup because I like to keep my face as fresh as possible from impurities (that way I don’t get those nasty acne scars or bumps). You don’t want to ever overdue make up; you want it to just accentuate your already natural beauty. When I do wear makeup, I use a lot of my products from Avon.
- I start out with Magix Face Protector (Foundation and SPF 20) for $12.00 on sale now for $8.99. This colorless primer goes on easily and blends with my skin very well to fight the look of oily shine.
- I then love to make my eyes pop with mascara (remember the coconut oil will make them longer and darker so they’ll stand out more). I use Big & False Lash Volume Mascara for $9.00 on sale now for $6.99. I roll it on ever so gently to both the top lashes and bottom and make sure I separate my lashes with the mascara wand so it doesn’t look clumpy.
- Sometimes if I am feeling a little saucy, I will add a last minute touch of Matte Lipstick!! My favorite colors as of late Marvelous Mocha, Perfectly Nude and Wild Cherry; $8.00 on sale now for $5.99. Lasts a really long time and feels, looks, and smells great.
I want you feeling your best self, so you can exude the beauty and confidence I know is in you!